Hastings Legal Walk 2015 takes place on Monday 14 September and is being held in aid of The Advice & Community Hub. We are raising funds to support The Hub and our Reception area. Money raised will go towards our Reception volunteer expenses and equipment. So far in 2015, over 6,500 people have already visited the Hub, and have been welcomed, supported, advised and referred by our Reception volunteers. Without these volunteers and equipment, we wouldn’t be able to keep the Advice & Community Hub doors open.
The Hastings Legal Walk 2015 is co-ordinated by The London Legal Support Trust and is sponsored by Wesleyan and The Law Society. There are Legal Walks across the country throughout the year, and this will be the 7th year that Hastings will host one of the walks.
Teams or individuals walk one of the routes and are sponsored raising funds for The Hub. There are two routes and they both start at 5pm from The First In Last Out Pub in the High Street.
Route 1 is a 10k route that goes up and over the East and West Hills.
Route 2 is inspired by Dina Christodoulou, former Chief Executive of Citizens Advice 1066 who sadly passed away earlier this year, and takes a more leisurely stroll around Hastings on a more level course, along the seafront to Warrior Square and back again to the FILO.
At the end of the walk all walkers will be bought a drink (see, I told you), courtesy of Wesleyan.
ALL we are asking is that you either
- Get a team together to walk one of the routes and secure sponsorships for your walkers to raise funds, or
- Sponsor a friend or colleague that you know is doing the walk, or
- Sponsor one of our Advice & Community Hub teams who have already signed up to do the walk, or
- Cajole, badger, plead, suggest or maybe try asking nicely, if your friends could get a team together. Teams do not have to come from the Legal or Advice Services world, and could be any workplace, organisation or group, or
- Share this message with everyone you know, or
- All of the above
If you are interested in entering a team, it is a very simple process to register a team initially, and to then subsequently add walkers. The sooner you sign up, the easier it will be to start raising sponsorship
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me on 07977336610.
If you would like to enter a team of your own, please visit http://www.londonlegalsupporttrust.org.uk/our-events/walks-in-the-south-east-2015/hastings-legal-walk-2015/
If you would like to raise funds through sponsorship,, please download the offline sponsorship form- click here
If you would like to sponsor one of our own Hub teams, then please visit: